Wednesday 28 December 2011

How To Install Gotcha WebLogic Server [10.3. X]

I ran into an issue where I couldn't figure out why I was getting the
following error when running a WebLogic Server 10.3.2 upgrade in silent
mode pert the documentation:

C:\temp\ten_two_domain1>java
weblogic.Upgrade -mode silent -type domain
Calling Wizard
framework for upgrade: args2: [-mode=silent,
-file=wcf/plugin_silent_wizard.xml,
-p:plugin:plugin.silent.response.file=weblog
ic-upgrade-domain-responses.xml,
-log=stdout, -p:plugin:plugin.executionPlan.file=weblogic/upgrade/domain/execplan.xml,

-p:plugin:I18N_PLUGI
N=weblogic/upgrade/i18n_upgrade,
-p:plugin:TARGET_VERSION=10.3.2.0]
2011-05-03
12:12:25,926 ERROR [inputAdapter_silent]
com.bea.plateng.wizard.WizardController - Uncaught Exception
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
0

at
weblogic.upgrade.domain.directoryselection.SelectWebLogicVersionPlugIn.validateInputAdapter(SelectWebLogicVersionPlugIn.java:50)

at com.bea.plateng.wizard.plugin.silent.tasks.InputAdapterSilentTask.execute(InputAdapterSilentTask.java:178)

at
com.bea.plateng.wizard.silent.tasks.AbstractSilentTask.run(AbstractSilentTask.java:28)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
A fatal error has
occurred. This application will terminate. I thought I had followed the example from http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15523_01/web.1111/e13754/xml_ref.htm#g1066162 perfectly:

Example E-3 Sample Silent-Mode XML Script for Upgrading a Domain
















But, as it turns out, where I wanted to be literal on the SelectWebLogicVersionPlugIn value with 10.2, the correct format is to be a bit broader, with:








9.0 or higher







I hope this saves some folks the time I spent figuring it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment